Saturday, December 19, 2009

One Awesome Party!

Hey everyone! I know that its been ages since I updated my site here. I kinda let it slide a little lot. So, I’m going to try to keep it up now, with some fun tidbits and themed posts. (Hopefully) It’ll be great!

So, last night, I went to a very special Christmas party! My coworker friend Mel and I drove down to the St. Cloudish area to attend. It was wonderful, and I met lots of new people who also happen to read the hostess, MckMama’s blog. It was pretty much amazing. We, along with these other beautiful women (and some husbands, too!) drank wine, snacked on some wonderful treats, and had some great conversation! A very merry time was had by all!

!cid__IMG957129a

In other news, I will be returning to Haiti (for the second time) in January! We leave on January 8th and return on the 17th. We are bringing a plastic surgeon this year, and are hoping to see some cleft lip/palate cases done and some lives changed! Hatian people with cleft lip/palate are considered disgraceful to their families because of their deformity. These  surgeries are life-transforming for them- they become more “culturally acceptable” and are able to lead more normal lives. We are so excited to go!! I’m hoping to be more on top of updating with pictures and stories this time!

I’m going to start out on Monday with… Not Me! Monday!

 NotMeMondayButtonV6copy

See you then!

2 comments:

Mama M. said...

Hey Erin!! It was awesome meeting you on Friday! Looking forward to hearing about your Haitian adventures! P.S--great pic of you and Jennifer and Mel!!

Laura said...

Hi Erin, it was great meeting you on Friday! What an awesome party...that should be done more often! :) Safe travels to you in January, what a blessing!