Friday, November 14, 2008

Passportness.

I got my passport sent for on Monday. Nice hair for my pic and all. It was excellent. Now with that out of the way, I can concentrate on other preparations, like somehow coming up with the money I need to go. I'm trying to be creative, but to no avail. Hard work and sweat, I think, will be the best option ;-). We are starting to pack up all our donated medical supplies on the 22nd of November (already!) and get them sent off so that the teams can use them. 2 months, and we will be there, starting our week of work!! How exciting!! I also learned today that most of the things you bring with you, such as shoes, clothing, etc. are left there (by choice of course). The need is so great for such simple things that we take for granted.
My heart hurt to hear about the school collapse in Port-au-Prince. I haven't heard a recent update on the death toll, but without equipment to move the heavy remains of the building, it will continue to climb for some time. I can only imagine that we may see some lingering injuries left from this disaster, even in January.
Thats all for today, folks! I'll continue to keep you updated as the time grows near and we continue to make preparations!!

0 comments: