Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So, theres this trip...

So theres this trip that I heard about. To Haiti. There is a team goes to the 'Comite de Beinfaisance de Pignon' in Pignon, Haiti, every January to do surgical procedures on people who need them but could otherwise have access to them or afford them. A lot of the procedures are cleft lip/palate with some additional surgeries.
Now, I'm sure that those of you who know me well think I'm a bit crazy. I don't travel, much less without my family. Or out of the country. But this trip is something that has been on my radar for quite some time, and this is the first year that I've had the opportunity to go. 'm nervous, but rediculously excited! We're starting to pack supplies this month already! I have to finish some paperwork and wait for my passport, but aside from that I'm totally ready! Our travel dates are the 9th-18th of January. I'm planning on posting pictures of the trip while I'm there (hopefully).
I've been looking at some of the pictures from past trips on the home site (http://www.haitimedicalmission.info). The Hatian people are beautiful. I'm so excited to be able to help them and interact with them! French Creole is spoken there.
We are still in need of nurses, doctors, and other medical personnel to come with. As of right now, I am the only nurse signed up to go for sure. If you're interested let me know and I will get you the info you need.

Well, theres my first blog! I will continue to update as I know more and as things start to happen closer to the trip. I'll post a pic of the team as soon as I can! For now, take a peek at the pics from past trips!

1 comments:

coolguy2005j said...

Yay!! And of course you chose pink ;-).

I am very excited for you, I haven't been, but I will be praying for you and your team as you prepare and go!